Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Musee du Quai Branly: where dialogue meets culture

I went to the Palais de Tokyo to see the Triennial today, thinking Mardi was Monday, but Mardi is Tuesday and it is closed on Tuesday. It didn't matter, as I was strolling through chilly + drizzling Paris with a huge grin on my face because Jim Elkins will write an essay for my Hiroshima book!!!!! And i saw signs for the Musee du Quai Branly and walked over the bridge, gazing at the Eiffel Tower and had a fine lunch at their cafe - smoked salmon on fresh bread with dill cream and cucembers and salad and then ventured into the museum. I kept talking to myself, out loud, saying things like, "I have never been in a museum like this before."
I


 Shadows of their collection:



 Aborginal painting < > yayoi kusama

 power figure
 fertility dolls
 the river - a projection of moving text down the spiralling ramp.....











 exorcism:

 clown figurine pooping!




 spoons











 Order and Chaos exhibition entrance:
 Thomas Hirsschhorn!!!!!!
 Annette Messager!!!!!





 Bosch!!!!!!









 Costa Rican stone sphere

 Marais windows

 Metro poster defaced

Palais de Tokyo - one of my favorite buildings:





 for amy ruth






 for amy ruth again


 marais synagogue
 tissues for annika









No comments:

Post a Comment